|John Boos & Co Received FSC Certification.
John Boos & Co is now recognized as an FSC, Forest Stewardship Council certified company. The company’s FSC certification was awarded on March 2, 2010.
Our FSC certified lumber is derived only from forests that are properly managed according to the highest social, environmental and economic standards. Using independent evaluation and inspection agencies, the Forest Stewardship Council ensures that these standards are maintained throughout the entire chain of custody, from the forest to the end-user.
John Boos & Co has earned its FSC Certification by demonstrating that we adhere to these same strict international standards.
With another forefront move as the leader in our industry, John Boos & Co is meeting the demand from distributors, architects, designers and consumers for butcher block manufactured from environmentally sensitive sources. As a responsible forty year member of NHLA, National Hardwood Lumbermen’s Association, John Boos & Co has a history of deriving our hardwoods from legal and well managed forests. With the addition of the company’s FSC Certification, our firm commitment is in place to preserve the abundance of forests and the biodiversity of their resources needed for future generations.
|John Boos & Co is firmly committed to managing
environmental matters as an integral part of our business practice.
It is our policy to ensure the environmental integrity and
consideration of our processes and facilities at all times. We
maintain a high standard of recognition in treating our environment
with respect while manufacturing our product.
Consideration for the Air:
- John Boos & Co actively demonstrates air quality control in compliance with all local and federal hazardous air pollutants (HAPS) regulations.
- John Boos & Co manufactured wood products emit far less carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide, methane and other gases than processing non-wood substitutes.
- John Boos & Co uses only formaldehyde free and low emission formaldehyde gluing processes in manufacturing our butcher blocks.
Consideration for the Production Resources:
- John Boos & Co demonstrates use of abundant sustainable renewing timbers in our product as practiced by NHLA Members. Our hardwood foresters follow professional best practices that mirror natural forces. Individual trees are selected for harvest, encouraging forests to renew and regenerate themselves naturally and prolifically.
- John Boos & Co product is recognized as a sustainable and renewable solution for eco-effective design.
Consideration for Environmental Stewardship:
- John Boos & Co has active recycling programs in place with 95% of all raw materials, scrap, and even our sawdust being recycled as fuel to heat our kilns. Proudly, our sawdust is as well recycled as livestock bedding for our local agricultural needs.
- John Boos & Co has a written environmental policy. As well, preferences are adopted in the consideration and review of environmental practices and policies of our key vendors.
Consideration for our Community:
- John Boos & Co participates in subcontracting work through local businesses gainfully employing handicapped citizens in our community. We are actively involved in our community through service, civic, and charitable organizations. John Boos & Co has NO major non-compliance citations from any Federal, State, or Local environmental regulatory agency in the past ten years.
John Boos & Co continues to offer hardwoods as green design choices while practicing “Sustainability” in meeting today’s manufacturing needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs. We will promote
participation and communicate our commitment to responsible environmental management by promoting environmental responsibility among our employees.
an Aoife Company LLC Store
1136-1146 Stratford Avenue, Stratford, CT 06615
Tel: (203) 374-5425 Fax: (203) 373-0810